The current weekly bulletin is included here for your convenience. It may be helpful for where the abbreviated information below falls short of the information you need.
|This e-newsletter was created using Flocknote... Feel free to create a username and explore the various communication options of Our Parish Flocknote Communication System! Simply click: flocknote.com/OLLCatholicChurch.
NOTES/NEWS FOR THIS WEEK
- Did you see the Ask Father Tony video? See it here one of these 3 ways:
- Do you like the inserted "(click to add this to your calendar)" links that have been added to lat week's and this e-newsletter?
- Join us for Family Fun Night on Monday, February 6th, from 5:00 - 7:00pm (click here to add this to your calendar)
- fun for the whole family with dinner,
- crafts & games
- Alzheimers/Dementia Support Group meeting
- Week 4 of 10 week Bible Study for adults “Symbolon: The Catholic Faith Explained”
- haven't joined us yet, no problem - it's easy to get caught up online
- this week's meeting is on Tuesday 02/07 - (click here to add this to your calendar)
- explore a different aspect of our Catholic beliefs each week
- this week: explore the story of salvation, beginning with Creation itself. How did the events of an ancient past set into motion God’s rescue operation to save us from eternal death? Did you know that in Genesis 3 there is an indication that Mary will be a part of our salvation - right after this Fall? (click here to add this session to your calendar)
- Classes are Tuesdays at 1:30pm in the Church Library, but if you can’t make it, please join us online through the FORMED website. Look under the Program tab, and then look for Symbolon. The videos are there, along with a Participant’s Guide.
- Questions or concerns? E-mail Carla at firstname.lastname@example.org
- CCW Annual Respect for Life Baby Shower
- 7:00pm on Tuesday, February 7th (click here to add this to your calendar)
- please bring baby items to donate to local agencies that serve women facing crisis pregnancies.
- disposable diapers and new baby items of all kinds are needed
- All women of the parish are welcome!
- Faith Formation Classes for Grades 1 - 8 meet this Wednesday 02/08 from 6:30-7:45pm (click here to add this week's class to your calendar)
- State of the School Meeting
- “Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy & beloved, heartfelt compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness & patience.”
- This Saturday... the next Young Family Potluck
- Our next Family Faith Formation session meets on Sunday, February 12th, at 9:30am in the School Cafeteria. (click to add this to your calendar)
- topic for February is Evangelization.
BEYOND THIS WEEK
- Catholic Watchmen Meeting
- Thursday, February 17th at 7:00pm in the Presentation Room (click here to add this to your calendar)
- The mission of the Catholic Watchmen is to respond to Bishop Cozzen’s call to Catholic men to live up to their duty to be protectors, providers & leaders of their families.
- Catholic Watchmen learn & practice 7 Disciplines.
- Adoration available prior to the meeting
- Beverages & food served during meeting
- Meeting will have a video presentation, social time & group discussion.
- Each month we’ll explore 1 of the 7 Disciplines for a spiritual journey.
- Questions about joining? Contact Paul Stone at email@example.com. To learn more about this initiative, visit thecatholicwatchmen.com.
- Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Ordination of one of our previous Pastors
- Fr. Greg Welch, who served here at OLL from the summer
of 1971 through the summer of 1972
- He is presiding at a Mass and a reception of special celebration on
Sunday, February 19th, at the 11:00am liturgy at St. Patrick’s Church in Edina, 6820 Saint Patrick’s Lane
- Those of you who remember him and wish to attend are
- No notes, gifts, or cards are necessary - just your smiling faces!
- Our next opportunity for service at Loaves and Fishes
- Westonka Community Blood Drive is Thursday, February 23rd, from 12:00pm - 7:00pm, at The Gillespie Center. (click here to add this to your calendar)
- Sign-up one of the following ways:
- Questions? Contact Evert Lehtola - 952-472-6139 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Double Red Cell Donors needed - to sign-up for this donation, call the Blood Center.
- Save time registering by completing the Health History Questionnaire online at mbc.org/idonate & bringing a printed copy with you to the Drive. This has to be done on the day of the Drive. All donors must bring an ID.
- This Drive is in Memory of Arlene McIntyre, a previous employee of the Blood Center, a Coordinator for the Bone Marrow Program, and a long-time Coordinator for the Mound-Westonka Community Blood Drives. Arlene passed away last summer.
- Daddy/Daughter Dance • Friday, February 24th, 6:00 - 8:30pm in the Gym (click to add this to your calendar)
- Bring Your Special Dad • Grandpa • Uncle • Friend
- Ash Wednesday Masses
- Stations of the Cross During Lent Fridays at 7:00pm:
- March 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th & 31st
- April 7th
- Good Friday, April 14th (3:00pm)
- Keg & Cork March 4th (click here to add this to your calendar)
- buy your tickets now for $30 (before price increase to $50 on 02/17) to purchase go to www.school.ourladyofthelake.com/kegcork
- CHILI COOKOFF for $1000 grand prize (new this year) register at the same website
- Starlight Gala April 22nd (click here to add this to your calendar)
- Save the date! Tuesday, End of Life Planning Seminar May 9, at 7:00pm (click to add this to your calendar)
- new program to assist parishioners in planning for their future and the future of this parish
- speakers/topics to include
- writing health care directives
- preparing for a funeral
- drafting a will or trust document
- setting up financial gift giving options, which hopefully, would include Our Lady of the Lake Church and School
- watch for more details in later bulletins.
- Would you like to volunteer a couple quick and easy hours to help the School earn money?
- The PennyWise Thrift Store has graciously agreed to allow OLL School to staff the store on Thursdays, with proceeds from those days going to OLL School! What a wonderful way to help our School! Do you have a few hours to spare to volunteer at PennyWise? If so, please contact Megan Youngstrom at 952-484-8625.
- Part-time Job opportunity with the OLL+ After School Program
- Our Lady of the Lake after school care program, OLL+, looking for someone to work in the preschool room
- after school Monday - Friday from 3:00pm until 5:00 or 6:00pm.
- Please contact Debbie Antoskiewicz if interested. email@example.com
- Mass Bags for Children
- at the back of Church for your toddler or preschooler
- includes books and activities to help keep your child quietly entertained during Mass
- please remember to return the bags and its contents after Mass
- PennyWise is taking donations
- clothing and household items
- in good or excellent condition
- anytime during store hours
- Safety Issue at OLL During Winter Months
- please enter & exit through the entrances that have been shoveled or plowed
- we try to clear all entrances as quickly as possible
- please use the handrails located by the steps and wear appropriate footwear for snowy & icy conditions
- Children’s Liturgy of the Word meets on Sundays at the 10:30am Mass
- no need to register
- children called during the Mass after the Opening Prayer and re-join their families during the Creed
- Prayer & Playtime
- each Monday morning from 10:00 to 11:00
- Moms, Dads, and Caregivers of children, newborn to 5 years old
- West Suburban Grief Coalition
- PennyWise Thrift Shop NEW hours
- Tuesdays 10:00am-4:00pm
- Wednesdays 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Thursdays (1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month) 9:30am-3:00pm, sales to benefit OLL School
- Fridays 10:00am-4:00pm
- Saturdays 10:00am-1:00pm
- Juan Anna Coffee: Start the new year with a great cup of coffee
- fair-trade coffee
- dark or regular roast
- whole bean or ground
- contact Stephanie Greene to order at 612-759-3332 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- FORMED: Online Catholic Resource (Parish Code: P Y W Y W J) For early February:
- In honor of Saint Brigid (February 1st)
- Book: Twenty Tales of Irish Saints
- In honor of the Presentation of the Lord (February 2nd)
- Program: The Bible and the Virgin Mary
- Movie: Mary of Nazareth
- In honor of St. Josephine Bakhita (February 8th)
- Movie: Bakhita: From Slave to Saint
- In honor of Our Lady of Lourdes (February 11th)
- Program: The Bible and the Virgin Mary
- Program: Footprints of God, Mary
- Book: The World’s First Love
- Audio: Mary: Handmaid of the Lord
- In honor of Saint Valentine's Day (February 14th)
- Program: Beloved: Mystery & Meaning of Marriage
Movie: The Jeweler’s Shop
Audio: From Love, By Love, For Love