Here's how to subscribe to the calendar(s) on the OLL website.
1. Navigate to the calendar of interest (i.e. to the calendar on the Youth Ministry page or on the Adult Faith Formation page or on the OLL Home page, you will subscribe to what is on that particular calendar).
2. Look for this image in the upper right hand corner of the calendar or events list:
Once you have found it, right click on it and copy the link for it:
3. Add to your Microsoft Outlook Calendar, Google Calendar or Apple iCal Calendar as follows:
If you use Microsoft Outlook, follow these steps:
- In Outlook.com, go to your calendar.
- Click Import.
- Click Subscribe.
- In the Calendar URL box, paste the web address of the iCal that you copied above in step 2 from the OLL webpage
- Enter a name for the calendar and choose a color.
- If you wish, select a charm that will appear in every day that new events occur.
- Click Subscribe.
If you use Google Calendar with a computer in conjunction with an Android phone, follow these steps:
On your Computer
- Go your google calendar in your web browser and login
- Find Other Calendars located on the left of the screen, about half way down.
- Click on the little down arrow just beside it on the right.
- Choose Add by URL
- In the popup window, paste the web address of the iCal that you copied above in step 2 from the OLL webpage
- You can change the name of the calendar by clicking on the little down arrow just to the right of the current calendar's name and then choosing Calendar Settings and changing the Calendar Name on the next screen
- After the calendar syncs, the subscribed calendar entries will show on your calendar
On your Android phone
- After sync occurs, you should be able to see the newly subscribed calendar on your phone. If you do not, you may need to select it as a visible and/or synced calendar which is done in various ways depending on which calendar app you are using. Using the standard Google Calendar app by Google, select the menu bar in the upper left corner and you will see a list of calendars which you have subscribed to in your Google Calendar account. You should see the OLL calendar that you added in this list. If it is not selected, select it and after a syncing with the cloud, your OLL calendar should appear on your phone calendar app.
If you use Google Calendar with an Android phone/tablet only:
- Since the Android phone/tablet standard Google Calendar app does not have a method for adding a new calendar subscription directly from the app, you simply open your google calendar from your web browser by navigating to www.google.com/calendar and login and then follow the steps for On your Computer above
If you use Apple iCal with a Mac in conjunction with an iPhone/iPad, follow these steps:
On your Mac
- In Calendar, choose File > New Calendar Subscription.
- Enter the calendar’s web address, then click Subscribe.
- Enter a name for the calendar and choose a color to help you identify it on your calendar.
- Choose iCloud from the Location menu, then click OK.
On your iPhone/iPad
If you use Apple iCal with an iPhone/iPad, follow these steps:
- The calendar subscription will appear on the iPhone after it syncs with iCloud.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap on Add Account... under the Mail section.
- Tap on Other.
- Tap on Add Subscribed Calendar under the Other section.
- paste the web address of the iCal that you copied above in step 2 from the OLL webpage
- Enter any username, password, or SSL info you need to. Most times you don't have to with public subscriptions.
- Tap the Next button.
- Tap the Save button.